Dienstag, 8. September 2009

Tour de Mendelssohn: Day 12

Yesterday we met Heidi and Geisnpeter … Well, almost.
First of all, I came too late. Two minutes. But enough to make Japanese people nervous (as they use to arrive five minutes before appointed time) … I hate being late, but usually I’m late because I have to arrange some stupid stuff for them – e.g. how to give one’s laundry to the hotel staff. Yes, sometimes I feel like babysitting 8 jumbo babies.
But then we drove towards Interlaken, then Lauterbrunnen to film the landscapes Felix Mendelssohn draw in the year he died (1847). Sun was shining, clear blue sky, and after Bruenig pass there came Interlaken and the breath taking mountains (Eiger, Mönch, Jungfrau). First we went from Lauterbrunnen to Winteregg (via roapway and Bimmelbahn), then to Wengen on the other side of the valley. Actually, for me it was a bit too much – too much Heidi, too much idyll. I mean, it looked like someone put the picture of the snow covered mountains over there just to attract tourists. Totally unrealistic. And I don't know why, but the Alps always make me feel somehow uncomfortable. The mountains are too "erhaben" in a way. I do think they are absolutely beautiful, but they don't touch me (at least not in a positive way). However, it was worth a trip, I’ve got to admit. And our view from Winteregg really looked much the same as Mendelssohns picture! He was a talented painter. Felix Superman.
The only problem was ... Yes. Frau K. Though she obviously enjoyed the trip, she was horribly bad tempered when we came back to Luzern. I can’t understand (and accept) why she treats people like this. Bad education? Or is it the only way to survive the Japanese entertainment system (Geinoukai)? Probably the latter.
At least I had a bit of time this morning to go running. To run alongside the Vierwaldstädtersee early morning was nice – as it is always being near by water. It cleared up my heart. And today was another day that never seemed to end ... (at least for me, it ended at 9 pm) I still don’t know what to think about Luzern, though. Definitely too much tourists, but besides … dunno. Quite boring, and too clean, too posh. But the Japanese love it. They are all mad about Switzerland. Maybe I need to get a bit older to agree...
But *ta-daa* yesterday was halftime! Me and the main crew had a nice pint of beer to celebrate this moment. So: tomorrow comes day 13 of „Tour(-tur) de Mendelssohn“...

4 Kommentare:

  1. I can picture all the stuff you describe, very graphic. But what about some PHOTOS? Und warum schreib ich eigentlich auf englisch? Naja, ich hoffe, du fotografierst ganz fleißig und präsentierst irgendwann mal die "Beute", vielleicht bei ein bis zehn Gläsern DC? Ach so, und: DURCHHALTEN! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Ich kann schrott nur zustimmen!!
    (so, das wollte ich einfach einmal in meinem Leben geschrieben haben!!)

    Und Fotos will ich auch sehen... Und was immer DC is, ich nehm auch ein paar Gläser. Müsstest du hier nicht welche hochladen können? Fotos und Gläser ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Okay, ihr Hübschen, die zentrale Botschaft ist noch nicht rübergekommen: WANN DENN?!?!?
    Aber klar, ich versuch's. A.s.a.p.!
    Danke fürs Lesen und Kommentieren!
    :-D

    AntwortenLöschen