Freitag, 11. September 2009

Tour de Mendelssohn: Day 15

…Actually, I'm not sure if it's day 15… as I've been counting backwards for a couple of days. So: 6 days left. I feel like we've reached some kind of a nihilistic equilibrium. We've stopped asking the "why??" and "WTF" but just do and fulfil our job. And we all see "das Licht am Ende des Tunnels". Our key word is 「流れですよ、流れ!」
Yesterday, we drove 12 hrs. From Luzern to Berlin, including a short stop at Schaffhausen and an exhausting drive around Nuernberg as we got into a real big traffic jam due to an accident. Zehn Kilometer Vollsperrung. Things you don't want to hear after 450 km driving with 7 guys in a car, knowing there are still 500 km left ahead. But our Superdriver just jumped on the Standstreifen and took the next exit (lucky us, it was just 500m ahead).
When approaching Berlin, somehow I realized I was still in love with this city. When I came to Berlin the last one or two years, I wasn't so much in fond of Berlin anymore. I felt like I was too "old" (in a way) for this city - maybe also because it has changed a lot since I started visiting Berlin regularly 7 years ago. Like most of the capitals I know, Berlin is sometimes too much self-centred, and walking around in Mitte makes me almost aggressive, seeing all these "I'm soo free and sooo arty and (therefore) sooooo cool" kind of peoplz. But yesterday - and also today while filming here and there - I rediscovered Berlin somehow. Maybe it's the space … The "range" of Berlin is something that makes the city cold and empty (especially in winter - uaargh), but also comfortable and soothing.
Bisides, talking about things that are more in touch with reality, Frau K. behaved quite well today. Though her gobbledygook costed another four 40min-tapes today, making us to hectically buy another bunch (10) of tapes in a Sony store (for the second time). I really feel sorry for the director who's got to edit the whole stuff back in Osaka. I mean, she's really smart and has researched a lot about Mendelssohn, but still our chaotic big boss should stop her sometimes … However, they are both of an intuitive, spontaneous kind getting more and more out of control (so gesehen passense ja gut zusammen …)
Tomorrow, after filming several spots in Berlin, we're "going home" to Leipzig. Being in Leipzig for the fifth (!) time this year, it's almost like coming home …

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen